A family holiday to Africa offers a wonderful bonding experience, as you discover new adventures together, fun for both parents and children.
Africa has a lot to offer families, but it's important to visit places that actively welcome children, rather than simply accept them. For interested children, who are old enough to understand what they see, Africa can be an amazing and inspiring place.
There are great beach destinations such as Mauritius or classic family safari experiences in South Africa, Botswana, Tanzania and Kenya - you can even mix it up in an unbeatable Big 5 safari and beach holiday combination.
No jet lag
Virtually no time difference - start enjoying your holiday from the moment you arrive.
Great staff & guides
Brilliant with kids - what could be more exciting than having a Masai warrior as your guide!
Reduced kids rates
Many places have special offers for kids, making family travel more affordable.
Go private all the way
Take a private safari or beach house - perfect filled with 2 or 3 families.
Best time of the year
We will suggest the perfect destination to fit around school holidays. See below as a rough guide line
- Feb Half term: East Africa, South Africa
- Easter: Southern Africa: South Africa, Mauritius
- May Half term: Southern Africa
- Summer Holidays: Everywhere
- October Half term: Everywhere
- Christmas: East Africa, South Africa, Mauritius
A few ideas
Prices start from £2000 - £8000 plus per person, excluding international flights. (Based on 2 weeks)
- South Africa - Malaria Free, Big five safari, whales & seals, beaches
- Kenya - Activity driven, Camel riding, horses, sleep outs, game drives, culture
- Botswana - Older families, Private mobile safari with private guide
- Mauritius - All inclusive resorts, stacks of water sports, kids clubs, lots of restaurants